Monday, August 30, 2010

The Basement


So our air conditioner in the sanctuary went out last week. We didn't realize it until Saturday afternoon. I probably should have called someone to fix it then but I was worried about the weekend rates. Next time I'll make the call. It was so hot by 11am that I decided to move our traditional service to the basement (Fellowship Hall) for worship. I determined that most folks would be willing to make the change instead of sweating for an hour and I believe that was the consensus. What was surprising was how much people seemed to enjoy the closeness! We were a packed house in the basement and almost every seat was full. Some enjoy their space in the sanctuary, but most enjoyed a more intimate setting in the basement. This has really made me think about the importance of community on Sunday morning. So how many people do you think would throw a fit if I roped off the last three or four pews on Sunday morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment