Monday, September 7, 2009

Morning Devotion- Brother Lawrence

My morning devotion material centers around a short book named, "The Brother Lawrence Collection" and I am currently in "Practice and Presence of God". I found an exert this morning that I had to post immediately. I hope you enjoy it- I don't think any explanation is necessary:
"When we are in doubt, he continued, God never fails to show us the right way to go, as long as our only goal is to please Him and show our love for Him.
He thought it was a shame that some people pursued certain activites (which, he noted, they did rather imperfectly due to human shortcomings), mistaking the means for the end. He said that our sanctification does not depend as much on changing our activities as it does on doing them for God rather than for ourselves". - p. 55

No comments:

Post a Comment